Monday, February 18, 2013

Creating Happy Customers

A new post that I really found interesting on Duct Tape Marketing dealt with the best tool for generating referrals. This tool is a happy customer. It may sound simple and obvious at first but when you think about it but I have never actually thought about that being a main goal of my social media planning. Now that I am going to make that a priority, I can use many of the ideas given on the post. One of my favorites is the idea of a fun surprise. The idea of giving customers something that they weren't expecting is great for making customers happy and at the same time they are much more likely to talk about it rather than just being satisfied with the product. Another idea I really liked was to teach your customers. Make sure that they are in the know about your service or product and that they know exactly what is going on with what they are receiving from your company. That way they feel more involved and are much more likely to refer you to others.

Another idea that I actually feel like I do well already in my social media planning is to appreciate customers. After people attend our camps I always send out thank you notes and make sure they understand that we appreciate them and their business as well as their opinion of our service. One idea that I could definitely improve on is measuring. I don't keep very good track of what customers are saying or thinking about our service and I could probably do this easily by creating a survey of some sort to find out what our customers are thinking. Overall, creating a happy customer has now become the main goal of my social media planning efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment